Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Lights




I feel like I've been taking a lot of pictures of lights lately.  I don't know what exactly it is about them that I am drawn to, or why I am trying to "capture" them, but I've been looking up a lot here lately.  Maybe it's symbolic of the actual act of looking up, or maybe it's an analogy for prayer, or maybe it's a subconscious need to shed light on something, lights have been in the forefront of my picture-takings.  And it's not just lights mind you, but candles, glowing things, lamp shades, bulbs, and etc...  And I'm not quite sure if it is my camera getting ready to go on the fritz, or what, but there has been an abundance of halos around all of the lights.  It's interesting.

And I don't even think it's about me running out of things to talk about...  lol.  I seriously almost feel like there is some higher power that is trying to tell me something.  But what?

-----

I'm on hospital time these days.  Time flies fast than a speeding bullet, and escapes to anywhere else than where it is needed.  That's how people lose it... time that is.  It escapes.  By some lucky twist of fate, my time-off this week was pre-ordained.  I've been planning a week off for about a month now.  It is supposed to be time for me to get organized, straighten-up, do laundry, and get focused.  I am going to take advantage of my down-time with some much needed "me' time, and so some crafting, or watch some of my favorite movies, and sleep late.  But it seems there might be other powers at work.  Luckily, I can be there for her when she needs someone to be there with her.  A little creative re-arranging is all that needs to happen, is all.  And I'm sure everything will work out, in all matters that that statement needs to be applied, everything will work out.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

EllieRoo said...

I like to think the halo-ish orbs are a reminder of a Higher Power. I notice them being more prevalent when things are emotionally a bit harder than normal. Maybe it's loved ones who have passed on and are there to help us through? That sounds nice. Whether we gain the distraction we need or the answer we've been unknowingly searching for... I'm always drawn into the mysterious beauty from it too.